Ooredoo announced the appointment of Ahmad Al-Neama as group regional CEO, Bilal Kazmi as group chief commercial officer and Eyas Assaf as executive director, performance management effective 1 January 2022.
Bharti Airtel and Capgemini have announced that they will collaborate on bringing 5G-based enterprise grade solutions to the India market.
China Mobile Ltd shares debuted on the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Wednesday, soaring to 63 yuan, 9.4% higher than the offer price of 57.58 yuan in early trading, before closing at about 0.52% higher at 57.88 yuan.
TPG Telecom has unveiled a new enterprise strategy to position itself as the telco of choice for small and large business and government customers.
Singtel and Ericsson have made a technology breakthrough in 5G standalone (SA) New Radio-Dual Connectivity (NR-DC), becoming the first in Southeast Asia to reach download speeds of 5.4Gbps by aggregating Singtel’s spectrum holdings across mid-band spectrum 3.5GHz and 28GHz mmWave. This milestone was achieved in a demo with Ericsson’s 5G radio access network products and solutions and dual-mode 5G Core network solutions, as well as a test device from Qualcomm Technologies powered by its Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System.
M1 announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire up to 70% stake in Glocomp Systems (M) Sdn Bhd (Glocomp), as well as its affiliated companies, Global Computing Solutions Sdn Bhd (GCS) and GCIS Sdn Bhd (GCIS). All three companies are Malaysia-based digital solutions providers. The remaining 30% stake will continue to be held by its founders.
National Telecom (NT), The WhiteSpace (The WSP), Delta Electronics (Thailand) PCL. and Chunghwa Telecom have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for collaboration in a 5G private network. The joint project will support the "Thailand 4.0" innovative manufacturing plan and assist Thailand in accelerating the use of 5G Innovative applications to introduce technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), information security, artificial intelligence (AI), and big data. In addition, the project will help realize innovative application services, such as Thailand's smart manufacturing, remote collaboration, and smart medical care.
Malaysia’s national car maker Proton will partner with Maxis to deploy a 5G use case comprising multiple converged solutions to power up its Tanjung Malim plant, with network installations beginning October. The partnership is part of Proton’s growth strategy in developing Proton City as a model smart city through state-of-the-art tools and systems, as well as Maxis’ commitment to delivering the best 5G innovation and solutions for enterprises.
China Mobile International Limited (CMI) announced that construction of the China Mobile Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Hong Kong Fo Tan Data Center (Fo Tan Data Center) is now underway. Being built by CMI in Fo Tan, Hong Kong, with the Mainland as the hinterland, the new facility is expected to be operational in 2025. It will be an important part of a core data center cluster for the GBA, serving as an international communications hub to facilitate global connectivity.
C.P. Group and Telenor Group are exploring the creation of a new telecom-tech company comprising of True and dtac. The new company will be a merger of equals, and bring the best of the two local companies, with the support of its key sponsoring shareholders.