Samsung Electronics' operating profits fell by more than a third in the fourth quarter, the world's biggest manufacturer of smartphones and memory chips estimated Wednesday.
Telecom Review Asia Pacific - Telecom Industry News
Vodafone Hutchison Australia customers will soon enjoy the benefits of 5G technology with the announcement today that Vodafone has partnered with Nokia to commence the roll out of its 5G network in the first half of 2020.
Huawei Wi-Fi 6 has been ranked Number One in the global market (excluding North America), according to a report on the global Wi-Fi 6 indoor AP market share from 2018 Q3 to 2019 Q3 by Dell'Oro Group, a leading independent market analysis and research firm.
Ride-hailing company Grab recently announced its new venture with telecoms service provider Singtel to bid for a digital full bank license in Singapore. The would-be consortium would see Grab owning a 60% share while Singtel will hold the remaining 40%.
The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has recently announced the release of the first group of 5G spectrum bands – known as the “5G pioneer bands”- and will be assigned to multiple companies instead of a singular player, according to its Final Report on the allocation of spectrum bands.
The proposed merger between Bharti Infratel, India’s leading telecom towers infrastructure provider, and the country’s largest mobile tower installation company Indus Towers, has been further delayed yet again to the 24th of February 2020.
Indosat Ooredoo recently organised its Regional Operation Kick Off Meeting 2020 (Kick Off Sales Meeting) in Solo, Central Java from 11th December to 12th December 2019.
The total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to decline at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.3% in between 2019 and 2024. Growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments’ revenues will however fail to offset steady decline in revenues from mobile voice, messaging and fixed voice segments, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
Singapore’s StarHub and U Mobile Malaysia have announced that they will be conducting one of the world’s first 5G standalone (5G SA) roaming trials. The 5G SA roaming trials will be done completely independent of 4G network infrastructure, differing from most other roaming trials which use 5G non-standalone (5G NSA) technology.
StarHub today unveiled its pop-up 5G showcase, which is open to visitors over two days at its StarHub Green headquarters in Ubi. Powered by Singapore’s first 5G Cellular-on-Wheels (COW), StarHub’s experiential event enables the public to see and feel the benefits of 5G first-hand.